Technical proficiency for quality and reliability aspects in mechanical domain is available. It ensures quality of parts, material and processes used in payload subsystems by carrying out Design/Drawing Reviews & its
approval, Material selection & testing, Qualification of Chemical & Mechanical fabrication Processes, Lot acceptance testing, Vendor evaluation, Audit Inspection, Assembly inspection including T&E certification for subsystem,
surveillance during T & E, Handling, storage and transportation quality assurance. Broad areas include:
- Qualification and screening(including characterization) of all electronics & mechanical materials & parts.
- Traceability marking/identification for complete fabrication sequence/development.
- Construction & failure analysis of mechanical parts /packages by simulation.
- Vendor development & qualification of surface treatment, plating/thermal paint, etc for onboard applications.
- Qualification of plated processes for space use.
- Vendor development & qualification of mechanical fabrication processes like TIG welding, wave guide fabrication and clinching.
- Quality audit of parts, materials, surface treatment & mechanical fabrication/assembly processes & facilities.
- Vibration test surveillance for onboard electronic packages-subsystems and payloads.
- Plating thickness& micro hardness measurement of plating processes.