SAC through its SAC-Academic Associate Programme
(SAC-AAP), provides opportunity to students for internship at SAC
in various domains including but not limited to electronics,
mechanical, civil, electrical, remote sensing and GIS,
mathematical modelling, image processing, RF systems, Digital
systems, electro-optics, microwave and radars etc.
SAC-Academic Associate Programme (SAC-AAP):
The in-plant training programme (ITP) is open for students from
academic institutes located in different parts of the country. It
has been renamed as “SAC-Academic Associate Programme (SAC-AAP)”
in 2014. SAC-AAP provides an opportunity for students to work with
scientists/engineers on SAC projects and it has the following
- Work-Experience Internship (WEI):
It is offered to engineering graduate (BE/BTech) students who
are studying in India for their final year/semester project work
for a period of minimum 4-6 months.
- Dissertation Internship (DI):
It is offered to post-graduate (ME/MTech/MSc/MCA) students who
are studying in India for their final year/semester dissertation
for a period of 6-12 months.
- 3. Research Internship (RI):
is offered to PhD scholars who are registered in Indian
institutes for doing their thesis work which are relevant to SAC
for a period of 4-12 months.
Information / Guidelines
The students need to keep in mind following
- Preference is given to M.Tech/M.Sc students of longer
duration.However, We take a few undergraduate engineering students for
their final semester full-time projects.
- No stipend/transport facility is provided during the
- Canteen facility is provided only on working days on
- Access to library is provided on working days.
- No evaluation is done at our end.Students are allowed to
take only report of the work done. Only certificate is
issued at the end of the internship.
- No publication will be done without the knowledge of
Project Mentor of SAC.
- Eligibility: Minimum first class is sine qua non
throughout education (SSLC onwards).
- A student will get only one chance for internship in a
- As per GTU norms, BE/BTech students are allowed to come
once in a week only for Industry Defined Projects in 7th
semester. Considering the practical difficulties in
accommodating BE/BTech 7th semester students who comes once in a
week, it is proposed to take these students only in the 8th
semester,who can come minimum four working days in a week.
- Students are entertained through their academic
- General letter or NOC will not be entertained. No
students should contact directly any officials at SAC. Any form
of influence will not be entertained.
- Reply/Regret will be sent to the respective institution
only well in advance. Intimation is sent on December for January
session and on June for July session.
- Selected students will get an opportunity to work on
specific ongoing/study project of his discipline under the
guidance of a senior scientist/engineer. Topic of project work
will be informed after joining at SAC.
- The following is the deadline for receiving applications from institutes for internship.
- April 30 : for June Session
- October 31 : for January Session
- Interested students may contact concerned HOD/Training &
Placement Officer of the respective institution for sending
consolidated formal request letter at the following address at
least three months before starting of the internship.
Human Resource Development
Space Applications Centre (ISRO)
Ambavadi Vistar (Post)
- 380 015